The elusive Kermode bear, otherwise known as the ‘spirit bear’, is a must-see for wildlife enthusiasts wanting to tick all of Canada’s more unique animals off their list. A rare subspecies of the American black bear, these magnificent, white bears are the provincial mammal of British Columbia.
This brilliant six-night tour gives you ample opportunity to see the gorgeous spirit bears in their natural habitat, catching salmon from streams and lazing in the sunshine by a trickling estuary. Staying at Spirit Bear lodge, your days will be spent tracking nearby spirit bears, as well as choosing from a range of other excursions, including kayaking, enjoying cultural First Nations tours, walking through rainforests, whale watching and enjoying educational evening entertainment.
An ecotourism venture owned and operated by the Kitasoo/Xai’xais First Nations people, Spirit Bear Lodge is a charming and welcoming hotel nestled along the waterfront in British Columbia’s verdant Great Bear Rainforest.
There are only 12 rooms altogether, making for a quiet and secluded stay. With architecture paying homage to the traditional long houses built by West Coast First Nations over thousands of years, the interiors have a cosy cabin vibe, with every room offering gorgeous ocean or forest views from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Inspired by the First Nations heritage, Spirit Bear Lodge encapsulates the natural wilderness and the peoples’ welcoming and friendly spirit, and your four night stay at the lodge will introduce you to the wonderful spirit bears that make this verdant area their home. If you would like to add another tour, a few days in Vancouver or some time in and around Vancouver island, then we will be happy to tailormake a quote for you. (TM/JV)
- See the elusive spirit bear in its natural habitat
- Spot a number of other beautiful animals, including humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions and grizzlies
- Enjoy evening entertainment that will educate you on Great Bear Forest and the First Nations
- Enjoy a number of full day and half day grizzly tracking tours
- Choose from an array of excellent excursions, including kayaking, rainforest trekking, and whale watching
2023 Departure dates, Monday arrival:
Aug: 07, 14, 21, 28
Sept: 04, 11, 18, 25
Oct: 02, 09
2024 Departure dates, various arrival dates:
Aug: 07, 11, 15, 25
Sept: 04, 14, 24
Oct: 04, 08, 12
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- Low deposits