Experience the wildlife and seascapes of British Columbia. Beginning in Vancouver, you will take the scenic ferry across The Strait of Georgia to Vancouver Island. Highlights include climbing into the rugged Malahat highlands, driving the Island Highway with easy access to the islands beaches and Provincial Parks such as Morton Lake, Elk Falls and Miracle Beach. You will be able to buy fresh seafood to BBQ at your chosen campsite and when you reach Port Hardy on Vancouver Island you can spot killer whales, dolphins and seals from the shore.
The itinerary below is just a suggestion for your motorhome holiday - you are free to choose where and when you stop. You select your own campsites – in high season you’re advised to book these early, but outside of peak times you can usually leave yourself with the flexibility to adapt your itinerary as you go – if you totally love a place, then why not stay another night?
This itinerary has been designed for you to explore Vancouver Island over the course of a week, but you may want to add this to a flydrive holiday around the Rockies and National Parks staying in hotels and lodges such as the Great Parks of the West or a perhaps a trip on the Rocky Mountaineer train such as the Rockies Highlights.
- Stay in a prime location on Victoria harbour, and take the ferry into the city to explore on foot, and perhaps take a whale- watching trip
- Drive to Malahat summit for stunning views of the fjords and glaciers
- Explore the beautiful beaches of Vancouver island with seals and sealions, and spot whales and dolphins from the shore
- Explore the charming Old City Quarter of Nanaimo, with its shops, restaurants & museums, and stop for a drink at the historic Palace Hotel
Travel inspiration: Spanning an incredible diversity of ecosystems, Vancouver Island offers the perfect environment for recreational pursuits and close encounters with some of the region’s most iconic wildlife. Read our guide to getting around this vast island
Fly into Vancouver 2 nights – Victoria 1 night – Campbell River 1 night – Telegraph Cove 2 nights – Qualicom Bay 1 night – Nanaimo 1 night – Fly home from Vancouver
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits