A once-in-a-lifetime holiday wildlife watching in central Canada. You will have the opportunity to spot the Manitoba Big Five - black bear, polar bear, moose, beluga whale and bison.
Begin the adventure in the Riding Mountain National Park, where you will go on a wildlife drive to search for moose, bison and black bear. You will tour the park at different times of day to enjoy the changing landscape and roaming animals. Then you will fly north to the town of Churchill on the edge of the tundra. You will learn all about the historical and ecological significance of the area on a guided tour, including a visit to the Eskimo Centre. A boat tour will take you into the Churchill River estuary where schools of beluga whales gather to feed.
Churchill sees over 300 nights of auroral activity each year and so there's a good chance you will be able to see the northern lights during your stay. After a second Beluga boat trip, this time on a Zodiac so you'll be close up and personal with the beluga whales, you will then take an exhilarating dog-sled ride. The final part of your adventure is on board a Tundra Buggy - specially designed to travel the tundra, you may be lucky and spot a summer polar bear cooling itself in the waters of the Hudson Bay. You certainly will be able to spot and photograph may species of birds and wildlife, before heading back to Winnipeg. (JV - on request)
- Marvel at the sight hundreds of Beluga Whales gathering in the Churchill Estuary to feed and breed
- Spend time in beautiful Riding Mountain National Park with the opportunity to spot black bear, moose and bison
- Discover the remote town of Churchill, inaccessble by road, and learn about Polar Bears with the chance of spotting one of these magnificent creatures in the wild.
- Maximum group size 18 people
Fly to Winnipeg 1 night - Transfer to Riding Mountain National Park 2 nights - Return to Winnipeg & fly to Churchill 2 nights - Fly to Winnipeg 1 night - Onwards flight from Winnipeg
2024 Departure Dates
Jul: 15, 22
2025 Departure Dates
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- Low deposits