Emerald Lake Lodge
Room Only from £54 per person per night
At a Glance
Situated on Emerald Lake within Yoho National Park, which was first discovered by legendary guide Tom Wilson in 1882 during the construction of the Canadian Pacific Railway, The Emerald Lake Lodge’s original guest lodge was built in 1902. Now the area remains one of Canada’s most outstanding year-round accessible wilderness settings. Close to local attractions and spectacular views, the lodge is just 20 minute drive from Kicking Horse Pass Historic site and 35 minutes from Lake Louise Ski Resort.
Built from hand-hewn timber and featuring massive stone fireplaces, the Lodge includes a formal dining room, quiet reading and sitting rooms, conference facilities and a games room. The lounge is enhanced by an oak bar salvaged from an 1890’s Yukon saloon.
Reflecting the traditional architecture of the lodge, the 24 cabin-style buildings offer cosy guestrooms with plush furnishings, modern amenities and wood burning firestone fireplaces. CRMR’s famed Rocky Mountain Cuisine stems from a love of hearty meals from European mountain guides and lavish Victorian cooking, dine at the inviting Mount Burgess Dining Room with fresh ingredients and craft cocktails, enjoy bistro dining at Cilantro on the Lake and end the day with a signature drink made by the skilled bartenders at Kicking Horse Lounge.
Situated on Emerald Lake within Yoho National Park, the Emerald Lake Lodge featues spectacular views and is a 20 minute drive from Kicking Horse Pass Historic site, 30 minutes from Takakkaw Falls or a journey on the CRP train and 35 minutes from Lake Louise Ski Resort.
- 2 hours and 30 minutes from Calgary International Airport
Dotting the 13-acre peninsula are 24 cabin-style buildings (accommodating up to 200 guests), newly built to reflect the traditional architecture of the Lodge. All rooms feature:
- Private baths
- Wood burning fieldstone fireplaces (stocked daily with complimentary firewood)
- Feather duvets and pillows
- Coffee makers
- Hair dryers
- Alarm clocks
- Mount Burgess Dining Room - Features a warm, inviting atmosphere, fantastic wines, cocktails and spirits, locally sourced ingredients with seasonal menus and signature Rocky Mountain Cuisine
- Kicking Horse Lounge - Skillful bartenders will make any drink requested
- Cilantro on the Lake - Bistro style restaurant for lunch and dinner with sandwiches, pizza, pasta and an extensive list of wines.
- Window at Cilantro on the Lake - Open in the summer season, offering tea, coffee, snacks and gelato
- Billiards, chess and board games
- Television on the upper floor
- Quiet reading and sitting rooms
- Conference facilities
- Games room